1,2,3 ~ Eyesmile~

    I used to have this classmate, whenever he smiled, his eyes went missing. When he smiled while we were talking, I would go, "Are you still looking at me? I can't see your eyes."

He looked something like this.

    We never did have a name for his 'condition'. It was only years later, when I've gone into the world of K-Pop, did I found out it has a name - Eyesmile (눈웃음). Apparently, this 'condition' happens quite often in Korea but is considered very special. In fact, it's a beauty mark - like a dimple. (I'm glad my friend doesn't know that or he'll be gloating about his special smile.)

   What is Eyesmile? It's when someone smiles and his / her eyes turn into these crescent shapes (refer to the cat above^). I don't often see eyesmile where I come from, in fact my friend's the only one I know who has that smile. But it seems Korea has a lot of those eyesmiling people - and I envy them. Eyesmile is pretty!

    Okay, maybe not on everyone but most of the K-Pop idols that I see with eyesmile really are cute / pretty. Here are five people whose eyesmile I really love <3

Jinwoon (2AM)

My 2AM bias, I love his smile^^ Too bad when I went to their showcase, I was sitting at the back (free ticket). I couldn't see his eyesmile upclose:( But at least I was in the same hall with that eyesmileXD

Gikwang (Beast)

    Aww...my second bias in Beast. I saw him up-close during a fansign once, I nearly swooned offstage 'cuz he wouldn't stop giving me that adorkable eyesmile of his^^ (complete with cheery 'Hi's and waving hands - I miss that><)

Sunny (SNSD)

    In SNSD, she always comes in second when it comes to eyesmile. She does have a pretty eyesmile, it compliments her aegyo image perfectly^^

Hyori (Singer)

    I love Lee Hyori!! I always call her the Queen of K-Pop. I love everything about her - from her eyesmile to her songs to her personality. She's beautiful (and no, that's not from the help of knives and needles) and kind-hearted, fun to watch on TV shows too and never afraid to bare or contort her pretty face^^

Tiffany (SNSD)

    When I googled eyesmile, Tifanny's pictures came up the most. I didn't even have to type in her name, her eyesmiling face just kept popping up. Even people who aren't her fans admit this girl does have one heck of a beautiful eyesmile. So I guess she is rightfully crowned as the Eyesmile Queen of K-Pop (by me:p and everyone else crazy with her eyesmile).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    So you're tired of eyes that kept going missing when the face owner smiles? Thought so. I'm gonna leave you with a wide-eyed picture now.

Oh, wait. She's not smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment