I fell off the wagon?

    About two posts ago, I said I have never, ever left the wonderful world of K-Pop. Well, that's a lie. Hey, it's not a bad one:P OK, it's just that I had a brief hiatus from K-Pop/fangirling back in 2008. And I had a reason for that. Someone told me such awful lies (?) about the world of K-Pop that I couldn't listen to any K-Pop songs without being reminded of what the person said.

    I have never told anyone else what transpired during the conversation, it's sufficient to say it just hurt me bad...
Baaaaaad!
 
    So I refused to listen to K-Pop. But somehow I gradually started listening again. (I guess K-Pop just has that pull. Besides I was missing the sunny, cheery songs.) My fangirling mode was still on halt however. So I did not really pay attention to the K-Pop debuts in 2008. Then after my fangirling was back in full throttle (I recovered from the baaad shock eventually), I decided that I would only fangirl over boybands and only those who were older than I.

    That was a stupid resolution.

    See, most of the boybands debuting always had an average age younger than my real age. Had I stick to my 'No Young Ones' rule, I would have stopped listening to K-Pop about 5 minutes after I regained my full fangirling mode. Thankfully I allowed myself some flexibility. And thank goodness I did. Or I would be missing out on the thriving K-Pop scene we have today! Oh, and the reason why I started being more and more lenient with my choice of bands to fangirl over all comes back to them ---> SHINee.



    That clip above - my cute little Taemin:3 Showing off his moves during their A.Mi.Go performance's dance break. He had such strong, yet smooth, moves that I was instantly captivated. Heck, the song was just so catchy too!

    Even though my mind was all: "Dude, you said no more young boybands!"
    But my heart said: "Screw that."

    Thankfully, I went with my heart. (I <3 my heart) I started fangirling over SHINee, then 2PM, etc. Had SHINee not made me see that I totally should've never made the dumb resolution in the first place, I would right now probably be listening to - well, anything but K-Pop. As a salute for drawing me back to the charm of fangirling (full mode), here's our little Amigos singing the song that reeled me right back into the game:)

credits: SMTOWN (Youtube) - Amigo MV
                 cri5p (Youtube) - Amigo Dance Break
                   photographyblogger.net - Sheep Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment